Track and Infrastructure Superintending Officer - Night
Track and Infrastructure Superintending Officer - Night
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Faithful+Gould (pronounced Faithful and Gould or F and G) is an integrated project and programme management consultancy. It supports clients with the management of their construction projects and programmes. It is part of Atkins – a design, engineering and project management consultancy with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
For more information, visit https://www.fgould.com/
Role & Responsibilities:
As the Track and Infrastructure Superintending Officer - Night you will be responsible to provide superintendence for assigned contract packages required for the Singapore Grand Prix project. Your duties will include but not be limited to:
• Studying, understanding and managing each assigned contract package
• Holding and minuting a start up meeting covering contractor obligations for performance bonds, safe work practices, work method statement, schedules, etc
• Holding and minuting weekly meeting with contractor to review status, work schedules and publishing the minutes within 24 hours
• Reviewing work method statements with HSE team and ensuring that these methods meet all safety regulations
• Monitoring daily the work activities of the contractor, making sure that daily toolbox meetings are held, published work methods and schedules are followed, safe work practices are rigorously enforced and contractors provide proper supervision
• Preparing and filing one HSE report daily
• Reviewing and recommending staffing levels of the contractors for accreditation purposes
• Issuing work instructions as required
• Preparing and reviewing variation orders as required based on change requirements identified
• Carrying out assigned Engineering Service Desk (ESD) duties during the event
• Ensuring that dismantling, demobilization and close out activities are completed as per schedule including the reconciliation of all invoices, the receipt of as built drawings and inventory lists, holding and minuting a final contractor debrief meeting, the completion of contractor performance evaluations, the issuing of substantial completion certificates
• Attending and supporting all project meetings as required
• Learning and following the Faithful+Gould BMS (Business Management System) processes and procedures
• Performing miscellaneous ad hoc duties as required by the Track and Civil Manager
The role as the Track and Infrastructure Superintending Officer requires the supervision of numerous simultaneous tasks while meeting important milestones.
• Coordination of structures, track and civil installation for the event, including pedestrian overpasses, track lighting system structure, concrete barriers, guardrails, debris fences, energy absorbing barriers, temporary track kerbs, track sweeping, civil works, fencing installation, traffic management and the like
• On-site night shift construction supervision during the erection and dismantling of overpasses, superscreens and other temporary event related infrastructure installation as required
• Liaison with government authorities, such as LTA, BCA, SCDF, NParks
Your duties will involve working and coordinating work activities with other supervisors and client.
You will be privy to confidential information by necessity. You will treat all such information with the highest levels of confidentiality and will perform your role with integrity and honour at all times.
You are required to ensure that all documents and administrative functions demonstrate high levels of accuracy and professionalism.
You have good overall technical knowledge of assigned packages, have an outgoing personality with good communication and listening skills, have excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and capacity to motivate others, have an eye for detail, and show initiative in suggesting alternate ideas and approaches and a willingness to work extended overtime, especially closer to the event.
The position requires the following Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree or Diploma in Civil or Structural Engineering with minimum 3 years relevant experience in construction industry. Those without general qualification but with more than 5 years relevant experience would be considered
• Previous working experience in steel structures is desired
• Experience in heavy lifting work will be an advantage
• Contract administration experience
• Experience in managing contractors
• Ability to liaise with parties involved in the projects – (client, contractors, other stakeholders etc.)
• Previous experience in event management and/or infrastructure services is desirable
Duration: 4 months (July to October inclusive)
Skills and Attributes :
You will demonstrate:
• Outgoing personality with articulate communication and listening skills
• Capacity to adapt and problem solve on an individual and team basis in a pressured environment
• Capacity to deal professionally and confidently with a diverse range of people at all levels
• Good written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to draft reports, minutes, correspondence, procedures, processes and forms
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Sound literacy in computer software, including the Microsoft Office range. Excellent knowledge of Word and Excel
• Flexibility and ability to work with different areas of the business
• Punctuality with attendance and with delivering tasks on time
• Positive attitude and capacity to motivate others
• Ability to work extended overtime, especially closer to the event
• Knowledge of both systems and procedures to be used for the Singapore Grand Prix
You can also send your direct applications to Arpan.firstname.lastname@example.org
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs