Trackwork Manager - TransitNext
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
The Trackwork Manager is responsible for the management of the track construction on the project, management of the procurement, design coordination and construction of all the trackwork on the Trillium Line Extension Project. The Trackwork Manager will report to the Construction Manager and work with a team of field engineers and superintendents to ensure that the work complies with the safety policies, budget and schedule. Extensive coordination with other disciplines will be required.
- Develop construction work methods for ballasted track installation including welding, tamping, distressing, special trackwork installation and rail replacement on the mainline and in the yard.
- Effectively manage the team for self-performed works.
- Provide regular updates of the overall trackwork installation schedule.
- Prepare Inspection and Test Plans and ensure that the trackwork installation conforms with the plans and specifications.
- Review and adjust weekly spending.
- Prepare Statement of Work for the procurement package of all trackwork materials and installation subcontracts.
- Assist the Contract Administrator to process monthly progress payments of subcontractors.
- Maintain accurate quantities of all permanent materials.
- Review project drawings and specifications and propose changes or prepare change orders as required.
- Promote safety and environmental SNC-Lavalin policies and procedures.
- Review tools and equipment orders.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the client, subcontractors, stakeholders, engineers and project delivery team.
- Plan equipment rental or purchase and maintenance.
- Prepare 3-week schedule and integrate with the overall project schedule with the project team.
- Coordinate with the other disciplines on the project such as civil works, structures and systems installation.
- Ensure that the quality standards are met and generate NCRs and deficiency lists as required.
- Minimum 10 years experience in a supervisory role on rail projects.
- Engineering degree and/or PMP certification are assets.
- Familiarity with CROR.
- Experience in light rail transit projects an asset.
- Demonstrate knowledge in standard trackwork construction methodologies.
- Effectiveness in Microsoft Office and other applications used on the project.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
Accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Our Latest Articles