Join us, and you’ll be a part of a diverse, ambitious business with a strong team spirit.
For more than 40 years in Australia, our people have been carving out rewarding careers on award winning, end-to-end projects. Our multi-disciplinary teams push the boundaries of innovation for our clients across all major markets; oil & gas, mining & metallurgy, infrastructure and clean power.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trade Assistant to join our high performing team on Stockyard Hill Windfarm Project in Ballarat, Victoria. This role is offered to residents of the local area. Hours of work is 56hrs/wk, Mon to Fri 10 hours, Saturday 6 hours.
- Responsible to perform a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled tasks while learning to safely perform testing and commissioning functions
- Assisting qualified Technicians when requested
- Seconding vehicles
- Cleaning, janitorial, housekeeping
- Material handling
- Maintaining of storage areas
- Perform assigned tasks with a minimum of supervision
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid Drivers license
- Construction White Card
- Must hold two or more of the below tickets
- Tele Handler Ticket
- Forklift Ticket
- Dogman Ticket
- Franner Ticket
- Minimum 2 years previous site experience working in heavy industry
- Inclusive and supportive workplace
- Excellent hourly rate
- Attractive roster
- PPE provided
- Gain valuable experience on a major contract and get your foot in the door with a global organisation!
How to apply:
Aboriginal and Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. All candidates must have Australian Working Rights.
Please apply online. Applications close on Wednesday 2/10/2019 at 5:00pm however, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date.
Why join our SNC-Lavalin team
Located in 13 countries across the Asia Pacific region, SNC-Lavalin and our people have worked, and continue to work, on some of the region’s most iconic projects such as the Chevron-operated Gorgon project, the Ichthys project, Shells’ offshore Prelude project and Woodsides Pluto project. Our experience in the Asia Pacific market is backed by the worldwide expertise of our people in the UK & Europe, Middle East, and Americas. So, a career with us also opens up a world of possibilities. You may collaborate with colleagues on international projects or use your skills and knowledge to create a winning combination for our clients across our other markets.
We’re focused on creating an inclusive, supportive workplace that will enable you to develop and thrive. You’ll work alongside some of the leaders in your field, with opportunities to reach your potential through training and professional development.