This vacancy has now expired... why not:
At Atkins, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. Few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects - we plan, design and enable solutions.
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Raleigh, North Carolina office as a Traffic Engineer.
Under the direction of senior engineer/project manager, Traffic Engineer may perform the following:
• Conduct traffic analysis using HCS, Synchro, SIDRA, VISSIM, Transmodeler or other micro simulation model
• Traffic forecasting
• Safety analysis
• Perform complex calculation, prepare reports and graphics
• Support the team on other traffic engineering related roles
• Experience with traffic impact studies and crash analysis
• Knowledge of signal timing and traffic signal design
• Ability to conduct intersection and corridor studies
• Knowledge of local agency and national standards
• Ability to work independently and in a flexible, team environment
• Experience in evaluating traffic operations
• Prior experience with traffic engineering, traffic operation analysis and traffic forecasting
• Proficiency with Synchro, Microstation, CORSIM, SIDRA, VISSIM and/or TransCAD
• Typical incumbent has 2+ years’ experience within the field of traffic engineering
• Excellent communication skills including verbal and written
• E.I. or EIT is usually desired
Education and Experience:
B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with 2 years' experience since B.S. or 1 year since M.S. The typical incumbent has 3 to 5 years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Atkins is a drug free workplace.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.