Traffic Management Center - Project Manager
Traffic Management Center - Project Manager
Traffic Management Center – Project Manager
Why join us?
We are hiring! Atkins seeks a Traffic Management Center (TMC) – Project Manager to join our team in Raleigh, NC. In this role, the Project Manager will support and provide project management expertise for the traffic centers in North Carolina (Raleigh, Greensboro and Ashville).
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Functions as manager for all TMC operations staff, as well as coordinating with client, admin, management and staff; responding to inquiries and requests for information/approval and/or directing to appropriate staff, as required. Assigns/monitors daily activities of operations staff.
- Develops, communicates and manages project quality assurance, administrative procedures, communication guidelines, project deliverable formats and specifications, and progress reporting requirements.
- Monitors schedules, billing and reports
- Initiates and processes all personnel actions (e.g. hiring, termination, promotion, downward movement, and other status changes).
- Assists in obtaining payment form clients; resolves client disputes and adjust billing records as required; communicates project progress/status to senior management and alerts them of project production, quality control or financial performance problems.
- Identifies new business opportunities to the firm, coordinates and participates in project presentations to the clients and other external groups, and promotes firm’s capabilities, marketing its services among existing and prospective clients.
- Participates in project opportunity evaluation, consultant selection, and in the preparation of firms’ qualification/experience statements.
- Coordinates communication between internal and external associates and client, and between firm and regulatory agencies.
- Maintains frequent contact with clients and regulatory agency personnel to determine their respective needs and requirements and serves as expert witness at project hearings and judicial proceedings if necessary.
- Monitors and reports financial status of projects to technical managers.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in field(s) of practice. Graduate degree desirable. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus. This level may be achieved with 8 years’ experience in project production and technical professional activities, two of these working as a Sr. Technical Professional.
- Proven interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability.
- Strong project financial management and team management skills.
- Knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficient.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs