Traffic Operations Center - Operations Manager
Traffic Operations Center - Operations Manager
Traffic Management Center - Operations Manager
Why join us?
We are hiring! Atkins seeks a Traffic Operations Center - Operations Manager to join our team in Raleigh, NC. This role will provide Project Management and Supervisory experience in a Traffic Management Center or similar operations facility. This position will require on-call status during non-working hours, when needed. The Project Management duties consists of all work necessary to provide the general management and oversight of QA/QC of the Traffic Center operations.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Responsible for general oversight and management of all aspects of the contract.
- Responsible for project QA/QC and for all consultant staff working at the Traffic Center.
- Meeting with Personnel regularly during the course of this project to discuss general progress and direction of the Traffic Center operations.
- The RTMC Manager may be asked by department to interface with representatives of other agencies/organizations on issues related to the Traffic Center operations.
- Shall provide for the complete and proper employment, training, scheduling, and oversight of the Traffic Operations Center. This shall include accommodating vacations, sick leave, and other absences of all personnel by providing adequate training and on-call personnel.
- Coordinate and be the voice for all other sub-consultant(s) (if applicable) working as part of the consultant’s team or as a joint venture for this contract.
- Maintain records and documentation as directed to support the overall operations at the Traffic Center.
- Prepare and submit monthly invoices and progress reports in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Provide adequate staff and resources for all tasks and activities throughout the duration of the contract, including during State emergency or standby conditions (e.g. 9/11/01, Hurricanes, Fires, Daytona race events, etc.)
- Responsible for the proper level of staffing as required by the department at all times.
- Responsible for the hiring and training of the operators and certification process documentation.
- Performs shift scheduling to ensure adequate staff coverage of Freeway and Arterial systems.
- Recommends changes, reviews progress, and approves work products for the TMC team.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in related field. Without Bachelor's degree, twelve years relevant experience (e.g., experience in a traffic operations center, supervisory experience [such as hands-on supervision, performance management, handling disciplinary/personnel issues, staffing/interviewing scheduling, and coaching/training].
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs