Traffic Operations Center (TOC) Assistant Supervisor
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Atlanta, GA staff as a Traffic Operations Center (TOC) Assistant Supervisor.
This professional trains and develops proficiency in Traffic Operations Center (TOC) supervisory duties and responsibilities. Supports management of TOC functions associated with assigned shift. Ensures that shift operations run smoothly with little or no interruption.
Supports schedule development and supports staff management on assigned shift to meet client needs and expectations.
Maintains in depth domain knowledge of all TOC functions including maintaining the ability to perform all operations floor duties as needed. Must be capable of providing direct work supervision to staff, making decisions in time sensitive situations and coordinating with client and other stakeholders outside the facility. Acts as liaison between project manager, senior TOC supervisors and staff. Plays proactive role in ensuring that goals and deadlines are met by monitoring progress and keeping the project manager and senior TOC supervisors well informed with up-to-date reports.
- Acts as liaison between project manager, senior TOC supervisor and his/her staff, as well as with other admin or technical management and staff, responding to inquiries and requests for information/approval and/or directing to appropriate staff, as required.
- Assigns/monitors daily activities of shift staff in assigned area of responsibility.
- Supports management of staff performance and provides timely reviews to supervised personnel.
- Communicates regularly with client managers, project manager and senior TOC supervisors to provide status updates, ascertain needs and provide solution to any issues.
- Communicates daily with senior TOC supervisors and counterparts regarding workload capacity, quality, staffing levels, training needs and overall operational efficiency.
- Actively reviews traffic management activity for accuracy and appropriateness, and provides guidance and feedback to staff.
- Works closely with senior TOC supervisors and project manager to address, resolve or reassign as appropriate all escalated issues with customers and other stakeholders.
- Coordinates with other agencies as appropriate.
- Researches, identifies and reviews planned construction, maintenance, and special events and activities as required.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and active capability to perform all TOC operations tasks and use all tools as required.
- Oversees various programs and prepares reports as assigned by project manager or client.
- Supports development and management of shift staffing schedules to ensure appropriate staffing levels at all times.
- Supports continued staff training, coaching and mentoring to maximize performance.
- Works nights and/or weekends in the event of emergency operations activation.
- Performs special assignments as it relates to traffic operations, traveler information, and incident management (e.g. SOPs, research, training material).
- May coordinate and attend meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- May perform such other assignments as the Supervisor may deem necessary from time to time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Four years of relevant experience (e.g., experience in a traffic operations center, supervisory experience, and/or relevant general business experience) is required
- TOC Operator 3 certification required or ability to complete those requirements within 6 months of accepting position.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Must have good command of the English language.
- Ability to perform in a professional courteous manner and remain friendly while under pressure.
- Must have an aptitude for geography and maps.
- Must be proficient with computer skills.
- High school diploma (or equivalent).
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.