TOC Traffic Operator
We are hiring! Atkins seeks a Traffic Operator – Traffic Operations Center to join our team in Grand Rapids, MI. This role involves managing traffic congestion, planned events and unplanned incidents in a Traffic Operations Center and providing data entry and QA/QC for information in the State DOT Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) or Advanced Traveler Information System (ATIS).
The Traffic Management Center is a 24/7 facility. Candidates interested must have flexibility to work either morning or evening and weekends.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Monitors congestion and incident information using various tools including ATMS, EM radio, CAD feeds and traffic reports from local media partners for incidents.
- Tracks identified incident in ATMS, notifies appropriate personnel, and provides additional responses as required.
- Actively implements traffic management through the use of tools such as ATMS, to relieve congestion.
- Activates alerts to public for construction events, Amber Alerts and incidents as appropriate.
- Receives and responds to emails and phone calls or redirects to appropriate staff as necessary.
- Coordinates with other DOT agencies and law enforcement.
- Researches, identifies and reviews planned construction, maintenance, and special events and activities as required.
- Assists with data collection to include in monthly reports, travel time reports, incident reports and any other reports that are requested.
- Other assignments as the Supervisor may deem necessary from time to time.
What will you contribute?
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Six months related experience in dispatch center or 911 operations or comparable relevant experience is preferred.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Physically able to work in an office environment performing various functions including computer work, answering phones and sitting for long periods of time
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in stressful situations with a team
- Ability to work varying work schedules to meet the needs of a 24/7/365 operations center
- Proficient skills working with Microsoft office suite programs (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Geographic knowledge of the freeway and arterial roadways in the region
- Knowledge of incident management procedures
- Emergency operations experience
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs