Traffic Operator Trainee
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Provides traffic information to the travelling public via our 511 phone system.
- Monitors congestion and incident information using advanced software and a myriad of electronic devices.
- Manage incidents occurring on interstates and state routes throughout the entire state of GA.
- Responsible for contacting necessary responders for incidents as needed.
- Receive requests for HERO assistance from the public and emergency agencies and dispatch units.
- Implements travel time postings on DMS/CMS during peak traffic hours as needed.
- Deploy traffic signal technicians throughout the state in response to signal issues.
- Activates Amber/Silver Alerts or other messages on regional devices as outlined in SOP’s.
- Receives and responds to emails or re-directs to appropriate staff as necessary.
- Coordinates with other DOT agencies to ensure the most accurate information is available to the public.
- Researches, identifies and reviews planned construction, maintenance, and special events and activities as required.
- May perform such other assignments as the Supervisor may deem necessary from time to time.
- High school diploma (or equivalent); experience in a position involving public contact and telephone responsibilities preferred.
- Must be dependable and adhere to the required work schedule.
- Upon hire, the successful completion of the T M C Operator certification training course.
- Must be proficient with computer skills.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Must have good command of the English language.
- Ability to perform in a professional courteous manner and remain friendly while under pressure.
- Must have an aptitude for geography and maps.
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.