Transit Radio Engineer
Transit Radio Engineer
Transit Radio Engineer
Why Join us?
This position is based out of our office in Burnaby, BC and reports to Manager, Rail Communications Systems. It is responsible for technical management of transit voice and data radio system technologies. You are part of a team which includes signalling and train control, and communications systems.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Oversee technical management of transit voice and data radio system technologies including analogue (QS2/EDACS) & digital technologies (TETRA/P25/DMR) and Wi-Fi
- Coverage and planning for above/below ground (DAS) radio systems, including base station location
- Design system to meet operational capacity, project functionality and highly fault tolerant and resilient performance requirements
- Working with the System Design teams, other Domain teams and the System Integration and Requirements teams on specification and delivery of Radio systems into the overall transit, urban rail and heavy freight project solutions
- Interfacing with 3rd party, Emergency Services and existing transit agencies whose services may need to be carried and delivered over the radio system(s)
- Collaborating with design groups (communications, fixed facilities, etc.) and with external team members (architects, code consultants, AHJs, major suppliers, etc.).
- Procurement of component, sub-system and systems (technical specifications, vendor selections, post-award support, etc.)
- Support of Systems Design in the delivery of Design\Construction\Configuration documentation
- Support construction, installation, test & commissioning activities in the field
- Assistance with customer staff training and generation of O&M Manuals
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor of electrical or computer engineering from a recognized university an asset
- P.Eng. designation or eligibility in BC an asset
- Minimum 5 years of relevant radio systems experience
- Experienced with the systems engineering and design development philosophy in multi-disciplinary environment
- Experienced in selection, design, deployment and setting to work of following in a transit or large campus environment:
- Above ground radio deployment along linear corridors
- Below ground deployment of DAS in tunnel and trench environment
- Experienced in the design of analogue and digital radio system technologies for transmission of Voice and Data between control/dispatch centres and handheld/mobile users
- Accustomed to working within the Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada regulatory environment
- Accustomed to operating within a multi-disciplinary project structure with responsibility for Communications sub-systems design
- Experienced in the generation of technical requirements, specifications, design documents, drawings and submissions
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to skills and foster collaboration
- Ability to interact with a variety of levels internally and with stakeholders, vendors, disciplinary teams as a technical lead
- Able to work in design office, project office and field environments
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs