Transmission Line Engineer
Transmission Line Engineer
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
As part of the SNC-Lavalin group of companies, SNC-Lavalin Clean Power designs, develops, and delivers engineering solutions for high voltage power transmission line and substation projects in North America and abroad.
SNC-Lavalin Clean Power has exciting full-time career opportunities for a Transmission Line Engineer. Based out of our Vancouver office, our Transmission Line Engineer work with our clients to design and deliver customized solutions for high-voltage transmission infrastructure.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Detailed design and engineering of 12 kV to 500 kV overhead transmission line projects from conceptual design through to construction.
- Detailed design of underground transmission line projects from 12 kV to 230 kV.
- Conduct feasibility and planning studies.
- Prepare planning and detailed project cost estimates including engineering, materials and construction.
- Prepare construction and material specifications and scope documents for construction tenders and contracts.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Interface with clients and contractors.
- Coordinate with various disciplines, review work of junior engineers and technologists.
- Interface with permitting agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Perform field review of work during construction.
- Ability to take on the role of a project engineer and/or project manager, as required.
What will you contribute?
- Professional Engineer registered with EGBC, or the ability to obtain registration.
- 5 to 10 years transmission lines design experience.
- Experience with design and engineering of distribution lines.
- Ability to inform design process based on previous experience with similar projects.
- Strong proficiency using PLS software suite: PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE and PLS-TOWER.
- Ability to perform EMF studies and line loss analysis.
- Transmission structure foundation design experience, including direct embed and concrete pier foundation design.
- Experience using GIS software packages such as ArcGIS.
- Experience with transmission tower and telecommunication tower structural analysis and design.
- Familiar with applicable codes, standards and regulations applicable to transmission line design in Canada and the United States.
- Experience with thermal upgrading and line condition assessments is strongly desired.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs