This vacancy has now expired... why not:
TCA are the transport advisory business in Atkins. We help to successfully deliver our clients’ big ambitions for transport, across all modes, worldwide.
The TCA way focuses on developing strong relationships, providing our clients with trusted advice, strategic insight, and transformational support across business strategy, technology, investment choices, delivery and governance models and solving challenging strategic issues.
We are looking for a rounded consultant to support the delivery of transport advisory projects across the UK and Europe (there may also be opportunities to work on assignments in other geographies). Working closely with the market lead to support both business development and technical delivery of projects you will be looking to develop your career in a UK and international consultancy environment. As an important member of the team, you will be expected to work autonomously and deliver on project phases on time and on budget. We will help you achieve your goals by offering continuous professional development and regular career progression sessions.
This is a permanent position and it is expected that the position would be based in the UK in either London, Leeds or Manchester but may also require short periods of travel overseas.
The ideal candidate should have:
- 3+ years consultancy experience in the transportation sector;
- An undergraduate degree in transport planning or relevant subjects (i.e. transport economics, geography, transport engineering, civil engineering, international development, political sciences). A post graduate qualification would be advantageous;
- Ability to work in a dynamic and integrated team, and with autonomy and motivation to work independently;
- Excellent technical report writing, presentation and communication skills;
- Excellent numeracy skills, being able to produce clear analytical research outcome of a complex problem;
- Technical skills relating to transport planning, urban planning, policy and strategy and transport economics;
- Sound management skills relating to bid writing and project management;
- Good networking capability; and
- Energy and interest to help clients resolve emerging challenges facing the transport sector such as addressing climate change, delivering future mobility, and responding to devolution.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles