As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
As a provider of multi-disciplinary technical services to the built environment, Atkins Transport Planning are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
Consultancy Practice of the Transportation Division of Atkins in India supports Atkins’ various overseas operations, including those located in the India, UK, Europe, Middle East and North America.
Due to our continuing expansion we currently have an opportunity for Transport Planner on multi-disciplinary offshore executed projects from our India office.
Working in a multi-disciplinary team of Planners, Designers and Engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience in a world-renowned consultant.
The team has so far delivered excellence within a number of studies from around the world, including the India, UK, Europe, Middle East and North America. This has been based upon the successful use of technically innovative and progressive procedures in tandem with a core technical capability.
Join us and you’ll enjoy being part of a fun, fulfilling and collaborative team working on the big exciting transport projects of the moment. You’ll have the opportunity to strengthen and develop your skills whilst working on high profile infrastructure projects. We’ll value you for exceeding customer expectations and delivering the innovative solutions. After all, we can’t achieve great things without our staff, so you can look forward to an excellent rewards package and career development.
How will you contribute to the team?
- You will be part of an established transport planning team developing and applying computer-based transport models (comprising highway and public transport / transit models) using state-of-the-art transport modelling and traffic engineering software supported by Geographic Information Systems (GIS) tools.
- Technical development of project tasks, and development of tools and processes.
- Development and checking of models and model forecasts, reports and analyses including quality and delivery to timescales.
- As part of a team, you will also be responsible for reporting progress and output quality, as well as developing business improvement initiatives with your line manager.
- Demonstrates professional behaviours.
- Proactive and determined in delivering commitments.
- Prioritises actions. Disciplined and organised in approaching tasks.
- Applies professional knowledge and experienced judgement.
- Starting to delegate tasks to junior staff.
- Attention to detail and delivers quality work on time.
- Works effectively within diverse and potentially ambiguous situations.
- Defines appropriate actions and adopts new plans in response to changing circumstances.
- Considers impact of own behaviour and appropriateness of response.
- Tailors own style and approach in response to the requirements of new situations, demonstrates tact, sensitivity and empathy.
- Sensitive with handling confidential information; does not release until business instructions.
- Willing to be adaptable with location/environment.
- Takes the initiative in communications and contributes feedback for business improvement through line manager or practice manager.
- Keen to develop and update the professional qualifications, learn and apply new skills, takes personal initiative in seeking advice and learning opportunities.
- Team player open to the interests of others.
- Work experience in a similar off-shoring environment.
- Experience and knowledge of transport / economic appraisal techniques and guidance including economic cost-benefit analysis. Working experience in appraisal software like TUBA, COBALT would be added advantage.
- Experience of C# or VB.Net or competence in other object oriented or imperative programming languages such as Java, C++ etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience in report writing related to transport studies.
- Experience in the use of MS Office and in the application of GIS Techniques to Transport Planning.
What will you contribute?
- Appropriate academic and professional qualifications (preferably bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with master’s degree in transport planning / engineering).
- Experience (min 5 to 8 years) in the development and application of computer-based traffic / transport models using software like SATURN, EMME, VISUM, CUBE Voyager, AIMSUN, TransCAD, VISSIM, PARAMICS, LEGION software packages.
- Analytical skills with hands on experience in developing tools using VBA / Python / R.
- Evidence of technical project delivery in a transport planning environment.
- Good attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active approach.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India a
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs