Atkins, member of SNC Lavalin is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi-disciplinary technical services to the built environment, Atkins Transport Planning are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
Consultancy Practice of the Transportation Division of Atkins in India supports Atkins’ various overseas operations, including those located in the India, UK, Europe, Middle East and North America. Due to our continuing expansion we currently have an opportunity for Transport Planner on multi-disciplinary offshore executed projects from our India office.
Working in a multi-disciplinary team of Planners, Designers and Engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience in a world-renowned consultant.
The team has so far delivered excellence within a number of studies from around the world, including the India, UK, Europe, Middle East and North America. This has been based upon the successful use of technically innovative and progressive procedures in tandem with a core technical capability.
Join us and you’ll enjoy being part of a fun, fulfilling and collaborative team working on the big exciting transport projects of the moment. You’ll have the opportunity to strengthen and develop your skills whilst working on high profile infrastructure projects. We’ll value you for exceeding customer expectations and delivering the innovative solutions. After all, we can’t achieve great things without our staff, so you can look forward to an excellent rewards package and career development.
You will be part of an established transport planning team developing and applying computer-based transport models (comprising highway and public transport / transit models) using state-of-the-art transport modelling and traffic engineering software supported by Geographic Information Systems (GIS) tools.
You will be part of a team responsible for the technical development of transport planning projects comprising:
- Technical development of project tasks, and development of tools and processes
- Development of models and model forecasts, reports and analyses including quality and delivery to timescales
As part of a team, you will also be responsible for reporting progress and output quality, as well as developing business improvement initiatives with your line manager.
- Appropriate academic and professional qualifications (Masters degree in transport planning / transportation engineering);
- Experience (min 5 to 8 years) in the development and application of computer-based traffic / transport models using software like VISSIM, PARAMICS, LEGION, VisWalk, TransModeller, Synchro, SIDRA, Junctions 9, LinSig, TRANSYT software packages;
- Analytical skills with hands on experience in developing tools using VBA / Python / R;
- Evidence of technical project delivery in a transport planning environment;
- Good attention to detail;
- Enthusiastic, pro-active approach.
- Work experience in a similar off-shoring environment;
- Experience of C# or VB.Net or competence in other object oriented or imperative programming languages such as Java, C++, etc.;
- Working knowledge of COM, VisVAP;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Experience in report writing related to transport studies;
- Experience in the use of MS Office and in the application of GIS Techniques to Transport Planning.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be highly self-motivated and ambitious
- Be able to work with limited supervision
- Be able to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with customers
- Be able to build excellent working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Have experience of using written and spoken English within a business environment