This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
SNC-Lavalin Inc. is seeking a Civil Engineer with transportation experience in our Regina or Saskatoon office.
Reporting to the Director of Roads and Bridges Prairies, you will be an integral part of our engineering team, developing and implementing technical solutions in both the office and field. You will participate in all project phases, from feasibility to detailed design, tendering and construction. Candidates must have strong verbal and written communication skills, have a keen interest in a fast paced work environment, and be proficient in research, document review, organization, and time/budget management. The successful applicant must be able to work interchangeably in a team setting and independently, and will be expected to liaise with professional staff including technicians, engineers, sub-consultants, contractors and clients.
- Comply with corporate policies and safety protocols and identification of general safety, and HSE requirements;
- Aids in the development of Transportation work in the Prairies Region including municipal, highway and traffic planning;
- Provide design services and technical support in Transportation, Municipal, Highway, and Traffic Planning;
- Working knowledge of Civil 3D or Microstation;
- Experience with Federal, Municipal and Provincial clients;
- Experience in underground municipal infrastructure design such as storm and sanitary systems would be an asset;
- Experience in traffic management and intersection design would be an asset;
- Experience in functional planning, traffic engineering, or geometric design would be an asset;
- Experience in roadway surfacing design would be an asset;
- Aids in the production of engineering documents such as, technical or design reports, cost estimates and construction specifications;
- Prepare proposals by determining concept; gathering and formatting information; writing drafts; and, obtaining approvals;
- May perform as either the design field engineer or as the clients field engineer representative and be responsible for Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) supervision on Civil projects;
- Undertake contract administration, construction management and design optimization;
- Foster critical relationships with technical and non-technical staff, and technology suppliers;
- Interface with project teams to develop and implement multi-disciplinary project and proposal strategies;
- Liaise with clients, regulatory agencies, and contractors.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering (Transportation ) from an accredited university;
- Minimum of 7 years of applicable experience in the consulting sector, specifically Transportation;
- Registration or eligible to be registered with APEGS;
- Excellent communication (written and oral), prioritization and organization skills;
- Detail oriented with the ability to balance a diverse and changing workload;
- Roadway design and construction experience is an asset;
- Understanding/experience with Saskatchewan and TAC design standards and Saskatchewan specifications is an asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Civil 3D, AutoCAD, or Micro station is considered an asset;
- Project Management experience is considered an asset.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences