Transportation Engineering Assistant Co-op Student
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Since 1911, we have been part of society's progress on five continents. And we're not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you're seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
As a member of our Roads & Utilities Group in the Engineering, Design and Project Management Division for Central Canada, you will be working in a fast paced team-oriented environment. In addition to road and utility design will have exposure to structural, traffic, environmental, geotechnical, foundations, geomatics, rail and electrical design during the course of the our design assignments.
This is a 4-month co-op position from January to April 2020. Applicants must be part of a registered co-op program.
The selected candidate will assist in the preparation of preliminary/detail highway and municipal design:
- Quantity calculations, design reports, contract drawings and contract documents, property requests, field inspections and preparation of proposals or expression of interest for road and utility design projects
- A 3rd or 4th year Civil Engineering student who has completed roadway geometric design, transportation, municipal engineering, hydrology and storm water management courses is preferred
- Must be currently enrolled in a program with a co-op work term
- Exposure to Ontario and/or TAC geometric design standards for roads and underground utility design (sewers and watermains) would be an asset,
- Exposure to detail design and contract preparation would be an asset, as would experience in road construction inspection.
- Knowledge of the following computer programs is also an asset: AutoCAD, MicroStation, AutoTurn, InRoads, Civil 3D, HiCo, CPS, MS Project, MS Office Suite.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.