Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Raleigh, NC TMC Operations Group team as a Transportation Planner.
- Under supervision, performs routine planning assignments while developing professional proficiency. Planning work will be related to transportation projects.
- Researches and analyzes technical data for studies and reports.
- Develops preliminary site plans for transportation uses.
- Prepares maps, graphics and final plans for presentations.
- May be involved in analysis of specific technical areas.
- Conducts traffic impact studies and writes technical portions of reports.
- May perform limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced planner, using prescribed methods.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Planning or related degree. Minimal experience required with Bachelor's degree. No experience required with Master's degree.
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of developing technical writing and communications skills.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.