Transportation Planning Manager
Transportation Planning Manager
Our Rail & Transit Engineering Division i is looking for the right person to join our team in Toronto or Kingston to perform operational planning work for our major project deliveries. Reporting the Director of Strategic services, you will lead our team of transportation planners and assist with expanding the team and developing our market offering.
This is a new position as we expand our team and form a new business structure to grow our capabilities in delivering our current work but also expand our transportation master planning work in Canada. Thus there is flexibility to shape the position description, roles and responsibilities based on your past experience and future goals.
• Operational planning work during bid and delivery stages of major projects. Scope can vary but can include developing a full Concept of Operations for the system
• Vehicle and crew rostering design and optimisation
• Optimisation design inputs for yard and depot designs and operations
• Service optimisation planning
• Exploration and implementation of new technologies and processes to optimise operations.
• Coordinate with our team to incorporate new processes to improve our planning and design work - such as new operational simulation capabilities, GIS platforms, 3D visualization and augmented reality
• Work with our data analytics team in developing our analytic and planning capabilities to support our Operations delivery teams
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in transportation planning or equivalent field
• Minimum of an Engineering or Science bachelor degree
• Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) License registered in Ontario is required
• Comfortable with technology and the ability to implement new systems and tools to optimise workflow and improve processes
• Commitment to working in a team environment
• Strong written and spoken communication skills as well as the ability to develop and deliver presentations on technical subject matter to non-technical and technical audiences
• Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
• Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal direction
• Travel will be required – mostly within North America.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.