Traveling Construction Manager
Traveling Construction Manager
Our Construction team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have at least five years of experience as a Construction Project Manager on large industrial construction projects, we would like to connect with you. Most of our clients are long term, blue-chip Fortune 100 companies. Our average tenure is near seven years! We hire for the long haul! This position provides project construction observation and documentation activities, monitoring contractors' substantial compliance with contract, plans, specifications and special provisions and determining project quality, cost, and adherence to established completion schedule.
NOTE: Incumbents supervise contractor's activities and are responsible for job site safety. Performs no manual field work that involves a combination of conventional and complex features, requiring the application of sound and diversified professional knowledge in board areas of assignments, usually including the coordination of various projects focus and control on all items related to the projects which include cost control, vendor /sub management, and high level of communication with identified stake holders.
This position will be connected to our Minneapolis office but can be based anywhere with long term travel to our Client’s Project Sites mostly based in the Mid-West. This is an immediate fulltime internal Faithful+Gould position with robust benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA
• Responsible for timely completion of assigned projects and client satisfaction.
• Plans and analyses assigned projects, establishes schedules and project parameters and sets procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex contracting applications.
• Supervises the preparation of plans and specifications for the design/installation of solutions in buildings and manufacturing settings.
• Communicates with confidence and certainty with Clients, vendors and subs
• Examines and reviews contracts and estimates by performing risk analysis and developing risk plans.
• Ensures compliance with contracting processes.
• Establishes fulfilment budget for assigned projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope.
• Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the forecasted cost at completion.
• Controls expenses by monitoring assigned project budget.
• Creates and makes revisions to project schedules including: generating tasks, estimates, dependencies; milestones, CPM Analysis; and Histogram Analysis.
• Oversees the following: preparation of material and vendor orders; recording the receipt of materials and approving payments.
• Prepares subcontractor request for quotation’s (RFQ) including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
• Receives and qualifies subcontractor proposals; supervises work of project assigned staff, subcontractors and installers.
• Generates technician work orders: reviews plan; reviews progress; and prioritizes tasks.
• Meets with contractors to discuss scope of project; budgets; performance; and closeout.
• Responsible for change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders.
• Maintains client satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating accordingly.
• Establishes a professional relationship with the client and interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews.
• Obtains acceptance and timely signoff of the project by the client.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management, or related field experience (8 more years’ experience in place of a Degree)
• At least 5 years of Experience as an construction manager with Industrial projects is required.
• Understanding of construction trade software such as Prolog, Primavera, Bluebeam and Microsoft Office
• Must possess a thorough understanding of Project Management, Building Design & Construction, Critical Path Method (CPM) Scheduling, Building Cost Modelling and Risk Analysis.
• Must understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office Suite
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• competitive salary
• broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• generous time off benefits-24 days a year (PTO + Holidays)
• 401 (k) with employer match
• flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• career development opportunities through our corporate university
• highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, and pet insurance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles