Trend Engineer / Cost Analyst / Scheduler / Estimator
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Responsible for performing and managing the cost and schedule change control program. Will conduct routine and non-routine cost and schedule analysis assignments that require the selection and application of resource monitoring and control principles, techniques and technical knowledge of EPC activities. Facilitate the identification, coordination and maintain status of trends on the trend log. Support Project Management team through identifying potential cost and schedule overruns and forecasting. Update cost data for such items as change requests, bid comparisons, financial analysis, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather cost related data for project financial reports.
- Utilize corporate and project specific cost management processes and systems in performing job duties.
- Determine if changes are scope or non-scope related.
- Perform analytical reviews of all cost trends and projections such that trends are identified early. Assist team in developing mitigation strategies.
- Assist in the preparation of discipline conceptual and detailed cost estimates, adhering to company format, details, and coding.
- Compile estimates and compare scopes between disciplines to ensure that no overlaps or gaps exist.
- Determine direct labor and material costs based on job knowledge, experience, and company historical data, anticipating possible construction problems.
- Check extensions, additions, and carry-forwards of estimates prepared by others.
- Assist in research and establish applicable wage rates, material and equipment cost requirements.
- May be required to visit proposed project location to investigate actual site conditions.
- Review historical data from purchase orders, subcontractors, and productivity analysis reports to ensure proper production units and pricing.
- Work with estimators to solicit, compile, and evaluate changes.
- Provide input into project financial systems.
- Utilize labor management systems to accurately project labor productivity and costs.
- Provide feedback to estimating.
- Monitor and report, on a weekly basis, labor and materials quantities installed by either self-perform or subcontractor activity.
- Develop timely reports to all levels of management regarding project cost activities.
- Work to maintain adequate documentation of all data gathered change paper which defines and supports trend estimates and estimate analysis.
- Support PCD development when applicable.
- Maintain the trend/change log.
• Post secondary education in business and/or Engineering.
• Proven hands on experience in Cost Control.
• Working level knowledge of PM+.
• Computer literate in MS Office products
• Ability to work within stringent time constraints
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.