We have opportunities for dynamic and motivated Tunnel Engineers for our London offices. The candidates should be experienced in the design of tunnels and related infrastructure.
Atkins has an impressive current portfolio of prestigious tunnelling projects in the UK including Crossrail and Bond Street & Victoria Station upgrades and work packages on Thames Tideway. We are seeking to expand the current team of dedicated technical specialists to deliver these exciting commissions, and to extend our capability in underground technology further within the UK and worldwide.
The successful candidate will be a Tunnel Engineer with a proven technical record and have the flare and ability to develop good commercial and project management skills to further enhance our tunnelling business and build on the existing portfolio of our rapidly growing team.
Candidates should have:
- A good academic background with a civil engineering bachelors or masters degree;
- Chartered status (or ready to become chartered) in civil or structural engineering;
- Sufficient and appropriate experience within an engineering design company undertaking the design of tunnels or related infrastructure;
- Proven numeracy skills (chartered mining engineers with a proven aptitude in mathematics will be considered);
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English (clear, concise report writing will be expected);
- A high motivation to succeed, and to progress and develop their chosen careers;
- A personality compatible with a high degree of collaborative and team work;
- A willingness to travel on short assignments both within the UK and overseas.
The learning and development experience in our Ground Engineering team is different to that at most other companies. Here we thoroughly recognise the importance of our people and we invest for the long term to provide them with the technical, commercial and managerial expertise they need throughout their career. At Atkins our staff continue to learn and develop irrespective of position or experience.
Our investment includes our acclaimed technical conferences, regular presentations and discussion groups, field trips, bespoke training courses as well as active on the job mentoring. We also have our Ground Engineering Academy to provide structured support and encouragement to staff in their progression to chartership. Fulfilling learning and development experiences include the opportunity for international assignments in a variety of countries.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.