UAV Survey Lead
UAV Survey Lead
Be part of digital that is shaping the world.
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
Atkins Geomatics use advanced technology to transform the raw survey data gathered from site into powerful decision-making tools. We offer a comprehensive range of survey and mapping services, from small scale ground-based survey to wide-area aerial 3D mapping. Since 2015 this has included a UAV survey capability.
Our team works closely with clients to identify a data collection method that meets their project and cost requirements, and to deliver the insight they need; whether that be to inform the design of a new development, optimise the route of new infrastructure or update existing building or site records for asset management purposes.
The role of UAV Survey Lead is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to take the lead role in developing the capability to the next level and also supporting the promotion of our cloud based platform for viewing and delivery of the data products.
You would guide the UAV capability in terms of:
Direction and development of the capability.
- Business development and costing/bidding for opportunities.
- Managing UAV surveys.
- Liaise with clients during production and delivery of work packages.
- Coordinating technical development and continuous improvement of working procedures.
- You would also be involved in completing surveys.
- You would be actively supporting and promoting our cloud based platform Cirrus Insite.
- You would contribute to the wider Geomatics and Geospatial team, often working with them where other survey techniques are also required.
You would represent the business professionally to new and existing clients.
What you can bring?
- You must have experience of carrying out and managing UAV/drone surveys.
- You must have bidding and porposal writing experience.
- You must show an understanding of survey principles and accuracy.
- You must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You must be willing to travel throughout the UK to carry out surveys and promote the UAV capability and cloud platform to both internal and external clients.
- You must hold a current PFCO.
- You should hold or be able to attain security clearance.
- You should be a proven leader.
- You should be chartered, working toward it, or be a member of an industry institution (RICS/CICES).
- You should have an understanding of the poduction of derived deliverables such as DTM, Orthophoto, Topogrphic Mapping.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs