SNC Lavalin is constantly pursing and implementing new processes that take advantage of emerging technologies to keep us at the forefront of the construction and engineering industry. To support this we are looking for a young visionary developer to join our Toronto Digital Innovation team to develop and implement new processes to realise the benefits of 3D visualization, VR, AR, & MR technologies.
- Work closely with all of our project teams to support the implementation and use of various emerging technology solutions on major infrastructure projects.
- Research and experiment with new hardware, software and processes to drive innovation and process improvement.
- Collaborate directly with Engineering Directors and Project Managers to help deliver on their needs.
- Build AR/VR experiences in Unreal 4
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in programming within the Unreal platform;
- Great knowledge of C++;
- Great blueprint skills;
- Experience with multi threading and networking;
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization;
- Autonomous and proactive when offering solutions;
- Comfortable learning new software and programming languages.
- Experience in mobile development is a plus;
- Able to think creatively outside the box.
- Experience working in interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate.
- Strong time management & organization skills.
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world's largest engineering and construction companies. Our Rail & Transit Engineering Unit is responsible for the development and execution of large transportation infrastructure projects valued at several billion.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in North America. You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.