Why join us?
SNC Lavalin is constantly pursing and implementing new processes that take advantage of emerging technologies to keep us at the forefront of the construction and engineering industry.
We are looking for a young visionary, creative person to join our Toronto Digital Innovation team to develop, support and implement new processes to realise the benefits of 3D visualization/printing, VR, AR, & MR technologies.
- Work closely with all of our project teams to support the implementation and use of various emerging technology solutions on major infrastructure projects.
- Research and experiment with new hardware, software and processes to drive innovation and process improvement.
- Collaborate directly with our Engineering staff and Project Managers to help deliver on their needs.
- Support the implementation of virtual collaboration meetings and provide guidance, training and support whilst rolling out new technology solutions.
- Be able to articulate technically complex concepts concisely for non-technical collaborators and clients.
- Daily interactions with production team to stay on schedule with all tasks and assist our Major Projects group with proposal delivering.
- Build 3D visualization, AR/VR experiences in Unreal
What will you contribute?
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Virtual Technology, Animation, 3D Design or equivalent degree.
- Proficiency with Unreal Engine and/or Unity.
- Comfortable learning new software and programming languages.
- Able to self-direct and comfortable with rapid prototyping and iteration.
- Able to think creatively outside the box.
- Experience working in interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate.
- Strong time management & organization skills.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com