US Hydropower & Dam SME Project Manager
US Hydropower & Dam SME Project Manager
US Hydropower & SME Dam Project Manager
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Kirkland, WA, and reports to our Vice-President of Operations, Power Solutions-USA. It is responsible for the Dam & Hydropower Team and supporting dam/hydropower owners in providing design-engineering services related to engineering assessments and rehabilitation/upgrade of their dam and/or hydropower infrastructure.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Help execute and lead technical tasks, and will interact directly with our clients, and potential clients.
- Primarily be responsible for projects related to hydropower and water retaining structures, some workload may be dedicated to other types of energy projects.
- Will be a seller-doer and will spend significant time directly engaged with clients to identify new opportunities, proposal preparation, formulate project approaches, and manage/oversee a multidisciplinary team of engineers/designers to deliver the projects.
- Stay engaged with the entire project lifecycle of a dam/hydropower facility.
- Lead and direct the multi-discipline teams of engineers and designers.
- Collaborate with other SNC-Lavalin teams in the US and abroad, to develop business with existing clients with dam/hydropower assets.
- Negotiate with clients for new and extended service agreements.
- Works with new clients to identify new projects, articulate to the clients our ability to perform those projects, and translate that into consulting service contracts.
- Communicate with various business contacts to understand their needs and translate them into a scope of work that meets their desired outcomes.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently, including identification of critical path items to ensure deliverable deadlines are met.
- Focus on the big picture to effectively and efficiently provide services that meet client needs, while also having the ability to identify and analyze details that are critical to project outcomes.
What will you contribute?
- Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering or MS in Engineering, preferably Civil engineering with a diverse/strong background in Geotechnical or Structural Engineering.
- Minimum 10-15 years of related professional experience.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Effective Project Management skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proven ability to lead multi-discipline teams of engineers and designers.
- Possess a deep and broad base of knowledge of dam/hydropower industry in the US, with emphasis on the Pacific Northwest as well as in states with significant dam/hydropower infrastructure.
- Experience with regulatory requirements and strong relationships with the private and public utilities including federal and governmental organizations would be an asset.
- Strong dam engineering experience with a background in the fields of geotechnical, civil/structural, or hydraulic engineering.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs