Utility Coordination Practice Lead
Utility Coordination Practice Lead
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Utility Coordination Practice Lead is an integral part of Water Infrastructure team. This position is based out of Henderson, NV.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
Focus Area of Current Projects:
- Pressure and Gravity Water, Sewer and Storm Water Piping Systems.
- Electrical Underground and Overhead Transmission and Distribution Systems.
- Natural Gas Distribution and Transmission Piping Systems.
- Communications and Fiber Optic Systems.
- On-Call Engineering Services for Municipal Clients.
- Under direction, applies full competency in conventional engineering work and broad knowledge of precedents in utility coordination design and construction.
- Performs work which involves diversified technical duties of a professional level, typically requiring specialized skills, experience, and/or academic training, in support of assigned projects.
- Supports multi-discipline teams comprised of in-house and sub-consultant staff with varying levels of experience.
- Provides leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members.
- Performs quality control, maintains quality standards in work produced, checks computations or reviews design drawings. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- On assignments involving utility engineering investigations and planning work, has a firm grasp of the fundamentals of engineering processes and their application to utility systems.
- Evaluates existing right-of-way and prior rights conditions for individual utilities.
- Manages industry-standard utility evaluations in accordance with CI/ASCE Standard 38-02 utilizing applied techniques for locating existing subsurface utilities such as records research; site surface feature evaluations; remote sensing including electromagnetic, sonic, and ground penetrating radar; and potholing.
- May assist in the preparation of proposals, presentations, and related marketing material and publications.
- On design assignments, understands how to clearly convey the design intent to engineering drawings and specifications.
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials or procedures, or difficult coordination requirements.
- Applies Southern Nevada Uniform Standard Drawings and Uniform Standard Specifications as well as utility-specific guidance criteria to utility locations, relocations, design and construction.
- Develops Technical Engineering Documents including Schedules, Reports, Specifications, Permits, Cost Estimates, Quantities, and Construction Plans.
- May coordinate the work of consultants or other employees involved in project development activities.
- On projects involving engineering services related to construction activities, develop a thorough understanding of construction methods and the way engineering drawings and specifications are translated into the constructed product.
- Reviews shop drawings for conformance with specifications.
- Maintains record-keeping and progress reports.
- Observes construction progress, procedures, and directs sub-consultants.
What will you contribute?
- College degree in related technical field. CAD training required. Generally requires minimum eight years of related experience in a combination of technician and/or CAD technician or designer positions. May also require experience in the particular discipline supported. Strong knowledge of state and local codes and ordinances, design inputs codes and standards.
- Expertise in CAD production technologies required.
- Knowledge of local (Southern Nevada) utility policies, procedures, construction standards and prior work experience with engineering, surveying, legal, and right-of-way staff.
- Able to effectively communicate with wide range of staff from utilities and agencies including plan examiners, analysts, engineers, managers, project coordinators, government liaisons.
- Working familiarity with the following programs is preferred: GIS, AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Experience managing subcontractor conducted Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) evaluations in accordance with CI/ASCE Standard 38-02 to include determination of utility information quality levels A through C and review and approval of field generated records and data.
- Experience managing industry-standard utility evaluation applied techniques for locating existing subsurface utilities such as records research; site surface feature evaluations; remote sensing including electromagnetic, sonic, and ground penetrating radar; and potholing.
- Technical knowledge of common construction practices and regulatory requirements implemented in Southern Nevada for both “wet” utilities, including primarily potable water transmission and distribution, storm water collection and conveyance, and wastewater (sanitary sewer) collection and conveyance; and for “dry” utilities, to include natural gas, telecommunications, fiber optic, and both overhead and underground electrical transmission and service.
- Experience applying Southern Nevada Uniform Standard Drawings and Uniform Standard Specifications criteria to utility locations, relocation, and repair
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs