Value Analyst / Quantity Surveyor
Value Analyst / Quantity Surveyor
Join our team in Detroit! We are looking for Value Analysts / Quantity Surveyors for the Automotive group, primary role is to review labour rates, rental equipment rates, mark-ups and contractor proposals and validate and to organize and manage the execution of the cost estimate and change order deliverable process from initial client meeting through to final client acceptance, including Civil, Structural, miscellaneous building scopes, Utility and Mechanical/Electrical. For large complex estimates the VA/QS manages the required resources needed to execute a complete and accurate estimate report deliverable in line with expectations and in accordance with a proposed level of effort. This position will be based in Detroit fulltime on a multiyear program. This is a fulltime internal position with Faithful+Gould that comes with robust benefits. We seek career minded individuals who are looking long term opportunities to grow and learn. This position is located in Detroit,MI and Holland, MI and Lordstown, OH and does requires daily commute.
Faithful+Gould, member of the SNCLavalin Group, is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
• Organizes, coordinates and supports required staff resources, both locally and remotely, in order to complete reviews of proposed contractor rates and costs, conceptual and detailed estimates, estimate reconciliations and change order reviews with Owners, Engineers and Contractors and provide report deliverables.
• Acts as lead interface with owner and related project team members and plans for scope of the project based on agreed expectations, WBS requirements and requested deliverable formats.
• Meets with the owner’s point of contact to review Project Detail Sheet and other associated proposal information in order to plan for the proposed scope of services, number of deliverables and the level of expected effort in relation to Faithful+Gould fee structure.
• Provides guidance to all staff involved in estimate and compiles, issues and follows up on RFIs to the project team in order to resolve technical questions related to the estimate.
• Reviews deliverables for completeness and provides overall quality assurance check prior to issuance of report. Reviews benchmark information and provides global check of reports. Summarizes variances and identifies key estimate cost drivers for project team review.
• Leads estimating and budget reconciliation efforts with Owner and their project construction team.
• Performs such other duties as the client and Manager may from time to time deem necessary, including harvesting and analysis of cost data for our historical cost database.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or associated Cost Engineering and Cost Estimating professional qualifications such as AACE, ASPE, etc
• 7 years of relevant experience with MEP experience a plus
• Highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities.
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Strong skills in estimating, electronic quantity takeoff, and Primavera. Knowledge of typical estimating program functionality and related WBS is preferred.
• Ability to prepare conceptual cost model estimates from limited information using local historic cost information.
• Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, On Screen Take Off, EOS, Microsoft Office Suite and use of Microsoft Project preferred.
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• competitive salary
• broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• generous time off benefits-24 days a year (PTO + Holidays)
• 401 (k) with employer match
• flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• career development opportunities through our corporate university
• highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, and pet insurance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view statement.
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles