Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
SNC Lavalin is constantly pursing and implementing new processes that take advantage of emerging technologies to keep us at the forefront of the construction and engineering industry. To support these new processes we are looking for a visionary 3D designer in Vancouver to work with our Toronto Digital Innovation team to develop and implement new processes in 3D visualization, VR, AR, & MR technologies.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Work closely with all of our project teams to support the implementation and use of various emerging technology solutions on major infrastructure projects.
- Research and experiment with new hardware, software and processes to drive innovation and process improvement.
- Collaborate directly with Engineering Directors and Project Managers to help deliver on their needs.
- Build AR/VR experiences in Unreal 4.
What will you contribute?
- Minimum Two (2) years of experience in Visualizations in Unreal platform.
- Advance skills in 3D Max with an excellent command of large scene assembly.
- Be able to read and incorporate AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup as well as other design files into a single deliverable package.
- Knowledge of ZBrush, iToo Forest Pack, iToo RailClone, VRay.
- Model high quality photorealistic assets & textures using Quixel, Substance Suite and Photoshop.
- Graduate of an architecture, graphic arts, or related program.
- A strong background in architectural design and multimedia.
- Able to self-direct and comfortable with rapid prototyping and iteration.
- Able to think creatively outside the box.
- Experience working in interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate.
- Strong time management & organization skills.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- 3 weeks of vacation time.
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs