Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on 5 continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
Division or Project Summary:
SNC-Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada’s leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
Our team members across the country and the globe deliver superior service to every one of our clients. Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.
Reporting to the Procurement and Administration Supervisor, the Warehouse Technician will be responsible to conduct general warehousing duties such as stocktaking, maintaining and purchasing sufficient stock, stocking shelves and bins (including driving a forklift as required), and recording purchases, returns and completed orders in a Management Information System. The Warehouse Technician will also be responsible to deliver parts to naval dockyards, and coordinate international and domestic shipping. Additionally, the Warehouse Technician will assist in the procurement of spare parts, including but not limited to internet searches and liaising with Original Equipment Manufacturers.
- Control inventory, procurement, issue and receipt of parts
- Input data into a database
- Deliver small parts to naval dockyards
- Liaise with Service Providers and suppliers
- Oversee shipping domestically and internationally
- Conduct and report monthly facilities inspections
- Assist with stocktaking and audits
- Become familiar with the corporate Occupational Health and Safety Requirements
- Promote and foster a continuing safety culture
- Adhere to required standards to minimize company risk
- Minimum Grade 12
- Minimum three years working in warehouse with knowledge of inventory control systems and forklift operations
- Physically fit to enable climbing ladders and stock multi-level shelves
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required for moving small parts
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically intermediate excel, word processing, databases, and internet savvy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to obtain required security clearance.
- Marine mechanical or electrical background would be an asset
- Procurement (buyer) experience would be an asset
Please note this is a 6 month contract position.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs