Atkins Nuclear has been operating for over 40 years with operations based in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and North America, and are fully engaged in the development of the next generation of nuclear power. Atkins are also currently embarked on an exciting journey to become the global leader in providing Decommissioning and Waste Management services.
As a result of continued growth, we are looking to recruit a wide range of experienced Decommissioning/Waste Management and Radiological Protection professionals to help us in achieving our goal of becoming the global leader in this arena.
We are looking for creative individuals who want to shape the Atkins Decommissioning, Waste Management and Radiological Protection service offerings on a global scale. If you would like to be part of this journey and are keen to become part of the Atkins family then then we would love to hear from you.
Successful candidates will be based out of our Rutherford House (Whitehaven) office delivering high hazard decommissioning working as part of a multi-discipline team. Responsibilities for the role will be focused around those detailed below, there will be an expectation to support other team members outside this specific discipline where the need arises. There will also be potential opportunity for national and international travel for the right candidates.
Provide support to senior staff on areas of Radiological Waste Management in the following areas: -
- Contribute to the development of bids and proposals through identifying strategies, developing submittals, and providing proposal text, diagrams, case studies, etc
- Understand and communicates Company processes and standards
- Commit to continuous improvement of waste programmes/strategies
- Develop and implement characterisation strategies
- Produce sampling and analysis plans
- Assess analytical results
- Derive radionuclide Fingerprints
- Waste Sentencing
- Produce BAT assessments
- Provide input into the development of monitoring procedures to support characterisation and waste sentencing
- Produce waste management documentation
- Contribute to the development of bids and proposals through identifying strategies.
- Support other team members, sharing knowledge and experience.
- Use knowledge and experience to influence and improve project delivery.
- To assist successful delivery of projects, work to meet targets, work within budget and programme.
- Be customer focused, client liaison and communication.
- Work with projects and clients to help solve complex and challenging problems
- Liaise with Project Managers to deliver projects.
- Based in the Cumbria (Whitehaven) office.
- Practical Radiological Waste Management experience in the nuclear industry.
- An understanding of Radiological Protection requirements.
- An understanding of waste routing and acceptance criteria / conditions for acceptance for these routes (VLLW, Combustible, Metallic Waste Treatment, LLW, ILW and PCM).
- An understanding of waste packages available in the industry.
- Able to work in the field and interact well with delivery teams.
- Good standard of written English and the ability to write clear technical reports.
- Innovative and open to ideas.
- Flexible in approach, willing to travel to work on client sites.
- Highly motivated and proactive, have good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Interpersonal skills, able to build and develop relationships internally and externally.
Flexible working options may be considered including part-time working or job-share arrangements
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Travel to other company sites may be necessary. There will also be opportunities for international travel and applicants with a desire for non-UK based assignments will be welcomed.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Sciences - multidiscipline
Atkins Nuclear has been operating for over 40 years with operations based in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and North America, and are fully engaged in the development of the next generation of
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs