Waste Management Specialist
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin Atkins business seeks a Waste Management Specialist to join the nuclear team in Idaho Falls, ID.
Interprets waste management and transportation rules, regulations and policies to assist generators in the proper compliant management of facility and project waste, including low level, mixed, transuranic waste (TRU), hazardous, recyclable and non-regulated waste.
- Interfaces with onsite and offsite treatment, storage and disposal units for acceptance of various waste streams for treatment and/or disposal including development of waste profiles and related documentation.
- Interprets waste management and transportation rules, regulations and policies to assist generators in the proper and compliant management of facility and project waste, including low level, TRU, hazardous, recyclable and non-regulated.
- Teams and interfaces with treatment, storage, disposal, generators and/or other customers and regulators to resolved specific waste management related concerns.
- Reviews existing procedures and prepares revisions and checklist updates to incorporate regulatory requirements and changes as well as customer driven revisions.
- Works under direct supervision.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree required or equivalent experience
- 1 year of experience required
- 5 years of experience preferred
- 40 hour Hazwoper training
- Q Clearance or the ability to obtain a Q clearance
- General knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations (WAC, MTCA, RCRA, CERLA and TSCA)
- Organized and disciplined approach to documentation, development, maintenance and tracking of waste activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Word
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles