Water Resources Engineer (Entry-Level)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando, FL Water Resources Group as a Entry-Level Water Resources Engineer.
works to develop an understanding of construction methods and the translation of engineering drawings and specifications into the constructed product. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Performs hydrologic and hydraulic engineering design and analysis.
- Researches feasibility of alternative design approaches and utilizes fluid mechanics principals in preparing construction plans and specifications.
- Develops watershed master plans, FEMA map revisions and impact studies for development and roadway projects, utilizing programs such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, SWMM, ArcGIS, AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Supports water quality efforts including permitting, data collection, and field sampling.
- Assists in the planning, design, and production of engineering drawings. May supervise the production of these drawings. Carries out specific assignments in preparing and assembling specifications.
- Participates in conducting engineering investigations and planning work by completing well-defined tasks. These tasks may include collection and analysis of data using established procedures, performance of routine calculations, and participation in evaluating the feasibility of alternate solutions.
- Prepares assigned sections of reports working under the close review of a more experienced professional.
- Participates on projects involving construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with easily interpreted specifications; assists in recordkeeping and in generating progress reports; observes relatively simple construction procedures, and collects samples for quality control testing.
- Performs data acquisition and analysis, researching the feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and/or regulatory agency specifications or regulations.
- Prepares material for reports and permit applications, gathering information, writing rough outline, and/or preparing work progression documents and graphic presentations.
- Performs engineering calculations.
- Performs field observations of construction where appropriate.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering (preferably with a focus in Water Resources or Stormwater).
- Minimal experience is required of incumbents with a Bachelor's Degree in a branch of Engineering directly related to hiring discipline; no experience required with a Master's degree.
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of developing technical writing, and communications skills.
- PC and CAD skills required.
- HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, and ArcGIS experience preferred.
- E.I. or EIT desired.
General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: http://careers.atkinsglobal.com/File.ashx?path=Root/Documents/north-america-welcome-new-employee/Equal_Opp_Stmt.pdf
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles