Water Resources Project Director
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Houston, TX Public and Private Business Unit as a Water Resources Project Director.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Houston, Texas office as a Water Resources Project Director. The selected candidate will work with work with local Business Unit and Business Development leadership to increase Atkins public business presence in the greater Houston market. As a seller/doer the selected candidate will lead a variety of water-related projects involving 1D and 2D hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) modeling for urban drainage analysis, floodplain mapping, watershed planning and closed conduit and open channel design. This individual must be competent in performing water resources engineering work and demonstrate a broad knowledge of hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and design methods. The selected candidate will have demonstrated success in managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects and have strong leadership and people/client skills. Candidate will be expected to prepare proposals, market existing and potential clients, and help represent Atkins in the community.
- Provide industry-leading knowledge and prominence to Atkins business’ projects and initiatives.
- Support clients to formulate innovative solutions to drive project success.
- Provide QA/QC functions and expert advice for complex projects.
- Identify and support business development activities and proposal development.
- Function as a project lead and mentor to project teams.
- Prepare project work plans, develop project scopes, schedules, and budgets.
- Direct project team compliance with contract terms, schedule, budget and quality objectives.
- Monitor schedules, financial status of projects and quality control on projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in field of practice. Graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- This level may be achieved by technical professionals or managers with twelve years of experience since B.S. or eleven years since M.S., with at least three of these years in the Senior Project Manager position with highly complex project management responsibility.
- Good technical writing and communications skills. May be eligible to receive project management training.
- Experience and familiarity with the following programs is required: ArcGIS, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS (1D & 2D)
- Experience with the following programs is preferred but not necessary: Geopak, Inroads Storm & Sanitary, EPA- SWMM, AutoCAD. The qualified candidate is proficient in schematic drainage design and riverine hydraulics.
- P.E. license is required (Texas preferred).
- CFM is required
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.