Water Resources Project Manager
Water Resources Project Manager
Sr. Water Resources Engineer
Why join us?
Atkins is seeking a Sr. Water Resources Engineer for the Henderson, NV office. A strong candidate for this role will need to demonstrate full competency in conventional civil engineering work and broad knowledge of water resources. This individual must be competent in performing detailed design related to water resources engineering and demonstrate a broad knowledge of hydrologic and hydraulic analysis. The ideal candidate will be proficient in performing engineering design and leading design teams in the production of plans, specifications, and cost estimates for bid and construction. A strong candidate will be able to independently make sound engineering decisions, develop design plans, write design specifications, and technical reports. A strong candidate will have knowledge of how flood control infrastructure, including detention basins, open channel, and gravity pipes, are constructed and will have direct design experience. Design experience with gravity sewer, roadway, and utility infrastructure is preferable, but not required. Knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microstation, Inroads, and GIS is preferable, but not required.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of junior engineers, designers or drafters.
- Works with external clients at progress meetings and throughout project to meet client needs, project schedules, goals and deadlines.
- Prepares cost and man-hour estimates, job budgets and schedules.
- Performs quality control and guidance of junior staff related to hydrologic and hydraulic models or methods.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans and design reports and submits them for approval.
- Conducts or oversees personnel involved in engineering investigations and planning work.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- May manage or assist in the management of projects.
- May perform other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering (preferably Civil Engineering with a specialization in Water Resources). This level may be achieved by Engineers with four years' experience since B.S.; three years experience since M.S. Incumbents typically have six to ten years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
- Proven technical writing and communication skills. Incumbent may be eligible for project management training.
- PE license is required.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs