Water/Wastewater Infrastructure Engineer
Water/Wastewater Infrastructure Engineer
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Water/Wastewater Infrastructure Engineer is an integral part of Water Infrastructure team. This position is based out of Los Angeles, California.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Organizing and performing engineering assessments, investigations and planning work under the guidance of a more experienced professional
- Performing data acquisition and analysis, researching the feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and/or regulatory agency specifications or regulations
- Preparing outline, reports and/or assigned sections of reports working under the close review of a more experienced professional
- Preparing outline, presentations and/or assigned sections of presentations working under the review of a more experienced professional
- Participating in conducting engineering investigations and planning work by completing well-defined tasks. These tasks may include collection and analysis of data using established procedures, performance of routine calculations, and participation in evaluating the feasibility of alternate solutions
- Performing field observations of construction procedures where appropriate and under the guidance of a more experienced professional
- Supporting the design and development of plans and drawings, including development of preliminary layouts and/or final drawings
- Contributing to the development of specifications and permit applications, and writing miscellaneous reports
- Assisting more experienced professionals with coordinating other disciplines as required
- Preparing material for reports and permit applications, gathering information, writing rough outline, and/or preparing work progression documents and graphic presentations
- Performing such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary
- Upholding engineering ethics and professional standards of conduct
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with 2-4 years of experience since B.S. or 1-3 years since M.S.
- The typical incumbent has 3 to 5 years’ experience since Bachelor's degree.
- Previous internship experience in a related field is desirable.
- Good interpersonal skills, technical writing capabilities and well-developed communication and presentation skills are a requirement. PC skills including Microsoft Office and AutoCAD are required. Experience with Civil 3D and/or Microstation a plus.
- Novice to intermediate level of wastewater experience and/or process knowledge a plus.
- E.I. or EIT desired.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs