Water/Wastewater Project Engineer
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando, FL Water Infrastructure Group as a Water/Wastewater Project Engineer.Major Function/Role:
- Under direction, applies full competency in conventional engineering work and broad knowledge of precedents in specialty area.
- On design assignments, understands how to clearly convey the design intent to engineering drawings and specifications.
- On assignments involving engineering investigations and planning work, has a firm grasp of the fundamentals of engineering processes and their application to operating systems.
- On projects involving engineering services related to construction activities, has developed a thorough understanding of construction methods and the manner in which engineering drawings and specifications are translated into the constructed product.
- Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials or procedures, or difficult coordination requirements.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering.
- This level may be achieved by Engineers with four years' experience since B.S.; three years experience since M.S.
- Incumbents typically have six to ten years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
- Good technical writing, computer and communications skills.
- May be eligible to receive project management training
- P.E. license is required
- Experience with hydraulic modeling preferred
- Previous experience within Orlando market preferred
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles