Water/Wastewater Technical Lead
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Los Angeles, CA Water Infrastructure Group as a Water/Wastewater Technical Leader.
- West region technical leader for water/wastewater/reuse treatment projects and opportunities. Position will provide project management and technical leadership on municipal potable water, reclaimed and reuse, and wastewater projects across the western US region.
- Primary responsibilities include leading multidisciplinary teams to deliver system/facility planning, process optimization and engineering for conventional and advanced water/wastewater/reuse treatment facilities, technical services for solids handling/biosolids facilities and related regulatory advisory services.
- Experience with membrane bioreactors and BioWin process modeling software is preferred. Additional responsibilities include technical leadership on strategic pursuits and select initiatives an providing technical mentorship to junior and intermediate engineers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Engineers with ten years experience since B.S. or nine years since M.S. Typical incumbent has 15 to 20 years of experience.
- Strong technical background and experience in water production and wastewater treatment facilities. Candidates must thrive in a team environment and have proven interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability. Local, regional and/or national recognition as an industry leader with a publication record, engagement in national associations, and conference presentation experience a plus.
- Candidates must be licensed professional engineer in California and have credentials to obtain reciprocity for Nevada and surrounding states, as needed.
- Availability to meet local and regional travel expectations ranging from 25-40 percent.
- Experience with membrane bioreactors and BioWin process modeling software is preferred.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:http://careers.atkinsglobal.com/File.ashx?path=Root/Documents/north-america-welcome-new-employee/Equal_Opp_Stmt.pdf
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.