Work Package Project Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin/Atkins and Holtec are in the process of forming a new joint venture company, Comprehensive Decommissioning International (CDI). SNC-Lavalin/Atkins and Holtec are proud of their reputation for professional and technical excellence, and we recognize that the key to upholding that reputation resides in the excellence of our employees.
CDI is currently seeking a Work Package Project Manager to join the nuclear team in Plymouth, MA.
MAJOR FUNCTION/ ROLE
Opportunity to join CDI and the project team at the early stages of a Nuclear Decommissioning Major Project, responsible for a significant portion of the Planning work prior to decommissioning implementation. The project mobilization is in the early stages, giving the successful candidate the chance to be part of the growth of the team and project as it moves into rapid decommissioning of a shuttered Nuclear Power Station. This position is for an exceptional candidate that has the thirst and appetite for personal growth, has the desire to secure a challenging but very varied and interesting role at the start of a new and exciting company, and wants to be instrumental in the creation of a winning Project team. Duties include the below, but flexibility and ability to manage multiple commitments at once are essential. The immediate project need is for a role that has a natural completion within 9-12 months, but the successful candidate will have the opportunity of shaping their subsequent role in during the decommissioning phase of the project (multiple years) as a valued employee of CDI.
- Develop and manage a key client relationship on a 1-2-1 basis. Ensure client needs are met in coordination with CDI business drivers.
- Responsible for $M contract for delivery of products and services to support decommissioning planning
- Development, coordination, and approval of deliverables to the client, in cooperation with the Deputy General Manager – Decommissioning
- Work with the Project Controls Manager to ensure accurate schedule, financial and risk positions are understood on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. This includes ITD, MTD positions, and forecasts – ETC and EAC.
- Monitors reports and schedules to ensure appropriate charging of manhours, costs and expenses to projects, and to communicate project progress/status to senior management.
- Perform the typical duties of a Project Manager - manage change, risk, issues, assumptions, information requirements, client demands, etc
- Alignment of deliverables, payment milestones and invoices to secure timely payment of work done
- Lead the negotiations for follow on work for Decommissioning Planning including opportunities to support in other relevant areas, and drafts complex professional service agreements and addenda for review by senior management.
- Prepares project work plan, scope, schedule and budget, and communicates these to project team members; monitors/manages project production for compliance with schedule, budget and quality objectives.
- Manage the Project to a commercial success for CDI and the client. This includes developing an excellent awareness of existing and potential future contracts and purchase orders, subcontractor agreements and terms.
- Directs project team and client compliance with contract terms and monitors subcontractors' compliance with contractual commitments.
- Monitors subconsultants' progress and performance, reviews and approves subconsultant and vendor invoices, and resolves payment and project disputes.
- Support the internal governance process in gaining approval for deliverable releases, change orders, additional releases and subsequent contracts
- Significant interaction and daily communication with the wider CDI Decommissioning team is essential as this role is part of a wider team.
- Develop project knowledge and team integration to move into a Work Package Manager role in the implementation of decommissioning, upon conclusion of the Planning Contract (~9 months). Opportunity for the candidate to shape their next position with the company through successful achievement of this current position.
- Dependent upon excellence in performance, team integration and successful project completion.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering on time, within budget and to quality
- Commitment to quality and detail, to ensure deliverables meet the requirements and are right first time
- Financial proficiency, ability to monitor and understand project financials and challenge the data.
- Proficient with standard MS Office software essential. Familiarity with typical project controls, finance and scheduling software desirable
- Team player with excellent team communication skills and joining the dots
- Interested in a career in Decommissioning and building a successful project team
- Approaches work safely and acts as a brother’s keeper
- Dynamic and flexible to approach problems in unique ways
- Good client management and interaction skills
- Ability to coordinate resources to get the job done, including prioritization of tasks and resources
- Juggling multiple commitments at once with varying timescales
- Able to perform work without supervision at times
- Bachelor's degree in field(s) of practice. Graduate degree desirable.
- 5 years in a Project Manager role
- Project Management training or qualifications
- Ability to be security cleared and pass fitness for duty testing for work on a Nuclear site
CDI offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.