Work Window Specialist
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Aiken, SC Nuclear Group as a Work Windows Specialist.
• Support Testing, maintenance and operations workforce.
• Develop work control packages which may include LOTO, work permits, special work permits (hot work/confined space), special work procedures, special PPE, and other field support as required.
• Leads work window critiques to determine improvement actions for work processes.
• Work order generation and reporting using the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Chartered to ensure work activities for a given week are “field ready”:
o The right materials/tools are available for use
o The right people are identified with the skills and training necessary
o The right oversight resources are notified and available (competent person, SME, IH, etc)
o The right documents are available and approved
Develops consistent, robust JHAs with input by workers, SMEs, etc
Develops work packages with well understood and described work scope
Permits with correct reviews and approvals
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma
• Five years of combined work control and field (construction, maintenance, and/or operations) experience
• 3 years commercial or DOE Complex experience or equivalent high/hazard/complex work environment
• Basic knowledge of plant process equipment utilities, hand and power tools and test equipment
• Experience with CMMS programs (e.g. Assets Suite, CHAMPS, Maximo, etc)
• Proficient in utilizing PC and various applications related to work control and work planning activities
• Must possess the ability to coordinate and work well with multiple groups for planning high hazard, complex work initiatives
• Must possess the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written communications on technical and nontechnical subjects
• Working knowledge of codes and regulations
• Working knowledge of standard work planning practices and associated control systems, including working knowledge of best practices of work management
• Working knowledge of scheduling practices
• Thorough knowledge of hazard analysis and LOTO methods for worker protection
• Working knowledge of craft tools and calibration equipment, including hand and power tools, test equipment, mobile and fixed cranes
• Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, vendor manuals, One Line Diagrams and P&IDs
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Ability to climb ladders/access scaffolding
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles