Workforce Deployment Specialist (Kincardine, Ontario)
The Shoreline Power Group is a Joint Venture of Aecon, AECOM and SNC-Lavalin. Shoreline Power Group will be completing the Fuel Channel and Feeder Replacement (FCFR) project. The joint venture has been awarded a contract by Bruce Power to execute the Unit 6 FCFR at the Bruce Nuclear Generating Station in Kincardine, Ontario.
This project is part of Bruce Power’s Life Extension Program, which will allow Bruce Power’s CANDU units to continue to operate safely through to 2064, the project is the centrepiece of the Major Component Replacement (MCR) program to replace the main components of the reactor. Unit 6 is the first of six reactors being replaced by Bruce Power through the MCR program.
The scope of work includes the removal and replacement of calandria tubes, pressure tubes, and feeders for Unit 6, as well as construction management and trade labour. Work is scheduled to commence in June 2020, with expected completion in the third quarter of 2022.
The Workforce Deployment Specialist reports to the Onboarding Manager. The Workforce Deployment Specialist will work with the onboarding team to deliver a positive and effective onboarding experience for the workforce and is responsible to assist with nuclear in-processing and nuclear plant access and offboarding.
- Liaise with the hiring managers to validate DFL and MFL data from Project controls to establish and plan resource requirements for trades, subcontractor and professional job roles and coordinate with union dispatchers to satisfy manpower requests.
- Manage the Bruce Power Nuclear Security Clearance process for each new hire to the project
- Maintain an accurate project employee list to monitor Bruce Power Security Clearance status and proactively facilitate the renewal process.
- Coordinate with the Onboarding Coordinator to ensure the required logistics are in place for all onboarding and training events.
- Participate in orientation day to conduct site security ID badge briefing
- Manage site security badge process
- Facilitate new employee RAD Data process with Bruce Power
- Facilitate the offboarding process
- Assists with nuclear on-boarding training coordination and qualification maintenance for new and existing project employees and as delegated by Onboarding Manager
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both oral and written) skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills in communicating with a large team
- Organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task / service oriented
- Thrive on a fast paced-environment
- Training coordination experience an asset
- Nuclear Experience an asset
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.