Proudly Military Friendly
As a global design, engineering and project management consultancy, Atkins takes on many complex and time-critical projects. Crucial to our continued success is having the right mix of skills and experience.
We know that – from leadership, stakeholder management, problem-solving and teamwork, through to specialist engineering skills – our ex-military and reserve staff bring invaluable skills and a diversity of thought to the entire team. That's why we have a program called Partnering with Armed Forces (PwAF) dedicated to supporting them and engaging with members of the wider Armed Forces community.
In fact, our commitment to our Armed Forces community has been recognized by the Ministry of Defence. Since 2015 we have been proud holders of the Gold Employer Recognition Award, reflecting Atkins' support and advocacy for our Armed Forces.
We currently have over 120 veterans and 50 reservists working across Atkins. To support them and to encourage more members of the Armed Forces community to join us, PwAF runs activities across the UK, including:
Supporting our Armed Forces staff
- Efforts to recruit service leavers, including our attendance at CTP Careers Fairs and posting our vacancies on the CTP and The Officers' Associations websites
- Encouraging veterans to mentor service leavers, Atkins destined or otherwise
- Working with HR to implement our Reserves policy, which includes an additional 10 days' paid leave to allow reservists to undertake their annual training
- Hosting a yearly conference for reservists to engage with and feedback to senior leadership in the organisation
- Promoting reserve service among our workforce
- Fundraising for military charities like the Soldiers, Sailors, and Air Forces Association (SSAFA), the UK's oldest tri-service charity
- Involvement in an industry alumni group of the Employer Recognition Scheme Gold award. The alumni group was initiated by Atkins for companies to share knowledge and ideas to further the cause
- Advocating support through forum presentations and webinars
Get in Touch with us at ArmedForces@atkinsglobal.com