The Atkins Minorities and Women STEM Scholarship Program
If you’re looking to complete your higher education in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM), we can help.
Atkins Minorities and Women STEM Scholarship is awarded on a competitive basis and recipients are chosen by selection committees made up of Atkins senior professional, management, and human resources staff. Selection is based on academic achievement, personal qualities and strengths, and letters of recommendation and evidence of unmet financial need.Atkins review committees will make final selection(s) based on the following criteria:
- Academic achievement, student organization and/or community involvement
- Financial need
- Creativity and clarity of video message
- Letters of recommendation
- Fall: April 1 - May 31
- Spring: September 1 - October 31
The program is available to female students and students of African-American, Asian, Pacific Island, Native American, Native Alaskan, or Hispanic descent, and be:
- A US citizen or permanent resident.
- A junior or senior, full-time, day-time student at an accredited and approved college or university.
- Enrolled in contiguous fall and spring semesters, carrying a minimum of 12 credits and earning a minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) each semester.
- Working towards a baccalaureate degree in science, technology, engineering or math, specifically related to disciplines within our industry with at least 60 credits of college work prior to the submission of the application.
Equal employment opportunity
Atkins provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
The Company subscribes to this policy of equal employment and non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency is needed, contact our Human Resources department at 800.597.7275 (TTY/TDD users, call 711). For more information, refer to the following links:
- TTY Relay Phone Number List
- FCC Relay Services Directory