What to expect
The Graduate Development Programme is a three-year framework, designed to help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to develop your early career and work towards a professional qualification. The programme features a series of signature events, core training modules, professional development, mentoring and on-the-job experience.
A supportive environmentWhile you’ll be given the trust and responsibility for driving your own development, gaining experience through work and formal training, you won’t be on your own. You’ll be able to draw on support from your line manager, graduate representatives in each business, a graduate advisor within the Learning & Development team, and your thriving graduate community. There are also a number of institution-specific Chartership schemes which will guide you towards achieving professional status.
What’s included in our three-year programme?
- A two-day induction event with your fellow graduates (usually in September), and further day events throughout the programme.
- Workshops and formal training in essential skills such as project management, client engagement and report-writing.
- Ongoing encouragement and development support through internal placements.
- On-the-job experience working on projects for a range of clients.
- Profession-specific schemes to help you gain Chartership status as an engineer, scientist, environmentalist or surveyor.
- Mentoring and buddy schemes to help you identify and reach your goals.
- End of programme event, professional review and a 12-month career plan.
6 reasons why Atkins is the best career start for graduate engineers
How to work our grad programme for all it's worth