Senior Traffic Engineer
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Austin or Houston, TX team as a Senior Traffic Engineer.
Under direction, provides the expertise of a seasoned engineer to all conventional aspects of functional area and applies advanced concepts and techniques to unconventional engineering problems. May function as individual researcher or technical specialist. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments. Work requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Engineers with seven years of experience since B.S. or 6 years since M.S. Typical incumbent has seven to twelve years of experience.
- Proven technical writing and communication skills. Incumbent may be eligible for project management training.
- Individual is required to have experience in engineering and preparation of traffic engineering and ITS design plans. Preference is to have knowledge of the operations and design requirements of limited access facilities, general purpose and express/managed lanes, and urban arterials. Design-Build project experience considered a plus.
- Individual would be responsible for traffic design plans review, development of project scopes, preparation of staff hour estimates and contract negotiations. Individual may be required to complete traffic design tasks ranging from the preparation of concept plans to signed and sealed contract documents.
- Individuals needs to be able to review design plans and communicate clear and concise comments from reviews to partner consultants, clients, and other agencies. Position would also be responsible for corresponding to Request for Information (RFI) requests during construction, as well as, review and approval of traffic design related shop drawings from the contractor.
- Individual must be able to communicate well with others. Position will require the ability to lead and coordinate meetings as well as work well in a team environment. Position does require time management and organizational skills as the individual will be involved in multiple projects operating on different schedules.
- Individual should be comfortable speaking in small/medium sized groups to provide engineering direction to the team.
Must be familiar with the following software packages:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Bluebeam considered a plus
- P.E. license is required.
- Must be a Registered Professional Engineer in Nevada, or the ability to be registered with one (1) year.
- Certified Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) considered a plus.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.