Assistant Project Manager
Connect Plus Services (CPS) is a joint venture contract made up of Balfour Beatty Civil Engineering, Atkins and Egis. The contract maintains and operates the M25 DBFO including surrounding roads on behalf of the Highways Agency and provides an excellent opportunity to work on one of the busiest networks in Europe.
The Structures Asset comprises over 2400 individual highway structures ranging from small span structures to the QEII Bridge at the Dartford River Crossing.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Project Manager to assist the Renewal and/or Improvement Project Projects from Inception to Close Out located across the entire Network. Project types include, Pavement projects, Safety improvement projects, Structures refurbishment, Geotechnical and Drainage works.
- Commission and manage internal and external resources in terms of quality, budget and programme
- Assist with a number of projects at different stages of the project lifecycle.
- Manage end to end project progress from asset team, designers, sub-consultants, construction team and contractors
- Manage schedule and resolve delivery issues for each project
- Manage cost plan for each project
- Routinely report schedule, current spend and financial forecast of each project to HA and CP
- Report detailed status of each project at HA monthly meetings, including schedule and cost forecast
- Liaise with Planner, Construction Manager, Project QS and Designers to develop individual project schedules and budget estimates
- Liaison with Asset team and Operations team as necessary
- Maintain MS Project schedule to identify milestones and completion dates for tasks and teams
- Assess, mitigate and manage progress, finance and delivery risks
- Ensure key project enablers are implemented, TTROs, Road Space Bookings, Local Authority Consultation etc.
- Ensure project transfer and ECI meetings occur
- Prioritise critical path activities and manage resources accordingly
- Adhere to project governance procedure and ensure all necessary supporting documentation is prepared and presented.
- Coordinate all phases of the renewals and improvements process
- Live the Connect Plus Services Values
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Support the delivery of the business’ Sustainability activities
Qualification / Skills
- Project Management Experience preferably supported by recognised PM qualification, PRINCE2, APMP etc.
- Preference of minimum IEng qualification registered with Engineering Council and membership of appropriate professional institution (ICE or IHT) or working towards such qualification.
- Broad skills, knowledge and understanding of Highway or Structures Engineering and associated design areas
- Understanding of H&S Requirements related to Highway Engineering
- Knowledge of CDM and other H&S legislation
- Competent in exercising the duties under CDM
- CSCS Card
- Understanding of Environmental requirements of projects
- Knowledge of the NEC Contract and other relevant forms of contract
- Knowledge of Quality Management
- Knowledge of HA procedures