Our Alexandria Team is Growing! Join our Strategic Facility Consulting (SFC) team! The candidate will be required to complete comprehensive facility condition assessments on a wide range of buildings for both existing owners and potential purchasers. Faithful+Gould has a large, mixed portfolio of commercial and government clients within the Americas on long term contracts. The candidate should be prepared to travel regularly, predominantly within the Eastern United States with frequent travel nationally. We anticipate the successful candidate spending up to 4060% of their time carrying out site-based assessments. The candidate must have a thorough understanding of typical Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing systems installed within the last 60 years and have a good general understanding of various building types, construction systems and repair/replacement methods. This is a fulltime position that comes with robust benefits. We seek a career minded person who is looking for an opportunity to learn and grow. A candidate with recent Faithful+Gould/ATKINS international experience is a big plus.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
• Completing comprehensive and high-quality condition assessments and due
diligence engineering evaluations of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
to a variety of building types throughout the U.S.
• Reviewing available building information and drawings to determine building
• construction and evaluate whether the installed systems are adequate for current
• Evaluating mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems to determine condition,
• remaining useful life end required expenditures and remedial measures.
• Identifying and developing facility repair and replacement options to satisfy the
project objectives of the client.
• Developing detailed cost estimates for implementing maintenance and capital
• Handling multiple assessment projects in a condensed timeframe.
• Providing strategic advice from a client facing position and successfully deliver
• Contributing to the training and mentoring of junior staff on mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
• A BSc. (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar degree accredited by RICS
• Chartered or working towards your Chartership
• Sound technical surveying knowledge and significant building surveying experience.
• Experience managing clients and their expectations coupled with a strong understanding of profitability, business development, and sound commercial awareness.
• Sound knowledge of drafting technical documents including bids.
• Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements.
• Excellent time management, punctuality and commitment to getting the job done.
• Meticulous nature and an eye for detail.
• Four years assessment related experience on a variety of facilities or proven work experience.
• Must be familiar with all types of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems and equipment.
• Must be capable of producing high quality written reports using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel and
• meet frequent tight deadlines.
• Must have a professional attitude and a strong commercial awareness.
• Be able to deal directly and communicate effectively with clients and other staff
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous time off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.