Why join us?
- This position is based out of our Toronto office and reports to the Procurement Manager. It is responsible for planning and executing the material planning, purchasing, or logistics associated with commodities or engineered equipment, systems, or materials in support of project operations and/or goods in support of office opérations.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Manage long leads and critical material orders and supervise personnel at a lead level.
- Oversees implementation of EPCM’s Procurement Plan with respect to applicable commodity groups, within area of responsibility.
- Administer assigned Purchase Agreement, including change order processing, ensuring compliance with contractual terms and applicable regulations, invoice processing and verification, and performance evaluation, ensuring supplier compliance in a cost-effective, timely, and responsive manner.
- Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of bidder exceptions, bid evaluations, recommendations, Purchase Agreement, and change orders prior to execution.
- Interacting with engineering and construction staff to monitor revisions and amendments, and assisting at post award meetings to ensure understanding between client and suppliers on all contractual matters
- Maintains direct working relationship with EPCM team of Project Procurement, Project Controls, discipline Engineers, Planning, Construction Superintendents, (Sub) Contractors, and site Customer personnel to ensure that Purchasing Agreement are issued as per Project Schedule.
- Advanced knowledge of capital procurement related to the acquisition of materials on capital projects, the work process, and the deliverables produced
What will you contribute?
- Minimum 5 years’ Buying experience or equivalent
- Knowledge of a financial system, invoicing, Levels of Authority, Ethics/Compliance/Integrity Controls, Health, Safety & Environment requirements an asset.
- Experience in Quality program standards and processes related to standard/non-complex Procurement packages is an asset.
- Knowledge of competitive bidding best practices.
- Knowledge in e-sourcing/e-bidding techniques is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills are essential. Must possess a high level of tact, initiative and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and apply mature judgment in an environment of changing and conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills, organizational skills and problem solving.
- Must be a team player.
- Post-Secondary education preferred.
- SCMP Designation an asset.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com