Chartered Senior Landscape Architect
Chartered/ Senior Landscape Architects - Glasgow /Edinburgh
We are one of the leading engineering and design consultancies in the UK and one of the largest design firms in the world. Our work includes a diverse and expanding portfolio of private and public sector projects including urban regeneration, masterplanning, healthcare, design guidance, and large-scale road and rail infrastructure projects across the UK.
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic Chartered/ Senior Landscape Architects to join our expanding Architecture, Masterplanning and Landscape teams in the Glasgow /Edinburgh offices.
The position requires a Chartered Landscape Architect with minimum of 3 years post chartered experience, with an excellent track record in design and assessment. The roles offer a wide variety of experience and provide an excellent opportunity for career progression.
- Design input to a range of projects, including rail road and infrastructure, public realm and urban regeneration and design guidance.
- Preparation of Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments
- Preparation of tender responses
- Provision of landscape advice to external and internal clients
- Management, including financial management, of projects
- Resource allocation in liaison with the Associate Landscape Architect
- Mentoring of junior staff
- A relevant Landscape degree
- Chartered membership of the Landscape Institute
- Relevant minimum 3 years post chartership experience in a Landscape role, ideally in both the public and private sectors
- Experience in the management and delivery of multi-disciplinary projects, particularly in the sectors of transport, water and urban regeneration
- Excellent project management skills for multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience and knowledge of Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment to varying methodologies i.e. GLVIA, DMRB
- Proven ability to manage budgets
- Consultancy experience is an advantage, as is a need to demonstrate commercial expertise
- Competent in AutoCAD and Adobe software packages. Ability to use Revit or other 3D platforms would be advantageous.
The successful applicant must be flexible and self-motivated and be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Good communication skills, with ability to draft reports to a high standard
- Ability to work under pressure, and have proven success in meeting tight deadlines
- Confident team worker, but able to work with limited supervision
- Commercial awareness and business development skills
- Flexibility to work in other UK offices according to workload demands.
In return, Atkins offers an excellent opportunity for your personal development as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary and benefits package, contribution towards professional subscriptions and career development opportunities that include technical, project and business management skills with one of the UK’s leading design consultancies.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.