Health, Safety, Quality & Environment Coordinator
As a member of the Health, Safety, Quality and Environment (HSQE) team, the incumbent will assist with the implementation and the maintenance of the ISO registered Safety, Quality and Environment Management Systems. This includes support with training and communications; data collection and analysis; handling of non-conformances; conducting audits; conducting site inspections at different shifts; hands on and on-the-job meetings; assisting workers and managers on the line; forming observations and recommendations from inspections; suggesting corrective actions and support with risk assessments; developing and maintaining all required programs; assisting with training of contractors, visitors and employees; making presentations and participating in departmental programs.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate in line inspections, conducting on-the-job audits, observations and support with hazard identification, risk assessment to form recommendations.
- Participate in required inspections with oversight for projects.
- Work with worker representatives, managers, external providers and other agencies closely to provide support and guidance.
- Provide on-the-job training for new hires, contractors and all other orientations.
- Provide support with metrics reporting and data analysis to develop presentations and present at departmental meetings.
- Maintain Company communications including bulletin boards, electronic screens and any other HSQE related platforms.
- Provide support with incident investigations, required reports, root cause analysis, claims management, review of CCTV for the purpose of data gathering and investigations, verifications, assigned projects, etc.
- Maintain proper recordkeeping and confidentiality practices.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- OHS or any other related certificates or graduate degree in combination with 1 to 2 years experience.
- First Aid Level 2 certificate or experienced First Aid provider is an asset.
- A comprehensive knowledge of BC and Federal Health & Safety legislation and practice and its application.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Strong skills in writing and making presentations.
- Ability to maintain independent thought and objective pursuit of facts whilst safe-guarding the confidentiality of reports and investigation details as needed.
- Experience working in transit or public industry is an asset.
- Experience or training in Management Systems including Safety, Security, Quality, Environment.
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Utilisez les filtres pour modifier vos critères, ou consultez tous les emplois et affiner votre recherche par la suite. "
Nos articles récents
Emplois consultés récemment