Sr. Highway Engineer
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team in Norman, OK as a Sr. Highway Engineer.
Under direction, provides the expertise of a seasoned engineer to all conventional aspects of Roadway/Highway Design and applies advanced concepts and techniques to unconventional engineering problems. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Performs roadway alignment design, sketching design concepts to be developed by junior engineers, CAD designers or technicians.
- Plans and reviews the production of highway engineering drawings and specifications.
- Performs design utilizing CAD.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of cost estimates and construction schedule.
- Coordinates work with project manager and guides junior professionals and technical personnel on the design and drafting of preliminary and final roadway plans.
- Responsible for quality control, maintaining quality standards in all work produced, and checking computations or reviewing designs and drawings performed by others.
- May occasionally manage projects.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with four years' experience since B.S.; three years’ experience since M.S. Incumbents typically have six to ten years' experience since bachelor’s degree.
- Proven technical writing and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work and interact in a team environment. Incumbent may be eligible for project management training. CAD and design software proficiency required, MicroStation and Open-Roads is preferred.
- P.E. license is required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.